In an exciting update this week Classic Recreations have updated their website showing the new carbon-fiber bodied Shelby GT500 prototype in production.
As mentioned last week, Classic Recreations have teamed up with SpeedKore Performance Group to produce the world’s first carbon-fiber-bodied Shelby GT500CR models. This option package is available on the GT500CR 545, 900C and 900S. The result is a Shelby that is both lighter and stronger than an original steel-bodied car, with classic American styling forged from cutting-edge, aerospace-grade carbon fiber technology.
Applying Supercar Technology to American Muscle
It is well established that carbon fiber is a key component used by many of the world’s premier modern motorsports teams. The quality, consistency and even tone of carbon fiber is undeniable.
- Combined Strength – using pre-impregnated (Prepreg) fabric reinforced with a resin system, typically an epoxy, makes the material much denser and much stronger. The key is the autoclave where all the impurities are vacuum-sealed out. This ensures a pure, perfect piece every time. Combining this high performance outer shell with a steel substructure provides the driver with the confidence to perform when it counts the most.
- Perfect Weave Orientation – SpeedKore’s process ensures that all panels match up perfectly. This means that the weave transition from panel-to-panel is seamless – providing a consistent look across the entire vehicle.
To learn more about how carbon fiber is made and why SpeedKore was the natural fit for Classic Recreations, visit www.speedkore.com/carbon-fiber-parts/
About the Vehicle:
- Available 490-horsepower Ford Performance Gen 3 5.0L Coyote V8 crate engine
- Available 900-horsepower hand-built 427-cubic-inch V8 engine with an intercooled ProCharger supercharger
- Standard Tremec five-speed manual transmission
- Available Tremec six-speed manual transmission
- Available automatic transmission
- Standard stainless steel MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust
Suspension and Handling:
- Power rack-and-pinion steering
- Coilover suspension
- Oversized sway bars
- Wilwood brakes
- American Racing wheels
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires
- Available Pro-Touring Track Package
Be the first to reply